Brought to you by Skamania County Senior Services.
NEW IN 2014:
SKAMANIA COUNTY WEST END TRANSIT (WET) EXPANDS TO WEEKENDS
April 18, 2014-Stevenson, WA: Experience the Columbia River Gorge on WET (West End Transit). Skamania County, Washington’s transit system will begin an exciting new seven day a week service May 1, 2014 and continue through October 15, 2014. The regular transit bus runs five days a week, two trips a day, with three on Friday. The seasonal expansion will add four runs per day on Saturday and Sunday.
The new weekend schedule will include stops in Stevenson, Carson, North Bonneville and Fisher’s Landing Transit Center in Vancouver on 164th Avenue as well as trailheads accessible from State Route 14 on the Washington side of the Columbia River Gorge and Skamania County resorts. The additional destinations include Salmon Falls Park and Ride with access to the Cape Horn Trail, Beacon Rock State Park, Bonneville Hot Springs Resort & Spa, Bonneville Dam, Pacific Crest Trail, Skamania Lodge, Dog Mountain and the Trapper Creek Wilderness Area of the Gifford Pinchot National Forest. Riders of the transit system can enjoy a weekend experience without ever using their car. The cost is just $1.00 within Skamania County and $2.00 outside the County for those 18 years and older. An all-day pass is $4.00. Children 12-17 years ride for 50 cents or $1.00 and children under 12 years old are free but must be accompanied by an adult.
Paid for by a grant from Western Federal Lands, Washington State Department of Transportation, Friends of the Columbia Gorge, Stevenson, North Bonneville and Skamania County tourism funds, the weekend trips have an emphasis on providing access to federal lands. The public transportation grant was designed to relieve congestion at trailheads and reduce the carbon footprint in the Gorge. The schedule will allow for riders to shuttle from local hotels and motels to festivals and events and recreational opportunities while providing local residents transportation between communities. The WET bus is ADA accessible and is equipped with bicycle racks.
For a complete schedule, visit www.skamaniacounty.org or call 509-427-3990.
REGULAR SCHEDULE: Benefits
- Open to the general public - no restrictions on age or trip purpose.
- Unaccompanied passengers under the age of 12 must call for pre-authorization to ride.
- Travels between Carson and Fisher's Landing Transit Center in Clark County - intersection of SE 164th Avenue and SE Cascade Park Drive, north of SR 14.
- Allows linkage with C-TRAN to access the Portland/Vancouver area.
Three Ways to Use the Service
- Take the bus to and from a bus stop - NO NEED TO CALL AHEAD
- For service to or from a location other than a scheduled bus stop and within 3/4 of a mile of the scheduled stops within Skamania County, CALL SENIOR SERVICES, (509) 427-3990, at least one day before your trip to have the bus pick you up or drop you off at the curb of a specific location. The bus will pick you up as it runs on its schedule between its designated stops.
- The bus will deviate up to 3/4 mile off Wind River Hwy and SR 14 to accommodate persons with disabilities. Requests must be made one day in advance. Those needing disabled service at Fisher's Landing must call C-Tran (360) 695-8918.
NO SERVICE ON NEW YEARS DAY, MEMORIAL DAY, JULY 4th, LABOR DAY, THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS.
PO Box 369
Stevenson, WA 98648
Phone: (509) 427-3990
FAX: (509) 427-3992
Visit http://www.skamaniacounty.org/public_transit.htm for the full route and schedule.