Brought to you by Skamania County Senior Services.
SKAMANIA COUNTY WEST END TRANSIT (WET) EXPANDS TO WEEKENDS
May 2, 2015: Going to Gorge Blues and Brews Festival in Stevenson, tired of trying to find parking on the weekend at the Dog Mountain trailhead, or need a ride to Vancouver? If yes, ride the WET bus seven days a week starting May 2, 2015. The seasonal weekend expansion will add four runs a day on Saturday and Sunday. The last run on Sunday is an express to Vancouver/ Fisher’s Landing and back. The bus is ADA accessible.
The bus schedule includes stops at Stevenson, Carson, North Bonneville, Fisher’s Landing in Vancouver on 164th Ave, and then a return to Columbia River Gorge trailheads and resorts. The additional stops include Salmon Falls Park and Ride/Cape Horn Trail, Beacon Rock, Bonneville Hot Springs, Pacific Crest Trail, Skamania Lodge, and Dog Mountain.
The public transportation grant is intended to relieve congestion at trailheads and shuttle guests from hotels and motels, festivals and fair visitors from resorts to trailheads, and locals from town to town. Western Federal Lands, Washington Dept of Transportation, Friends of the Columbia Gorge, Stevenson, and North Bonneville Tourism Funds provided the grant funding.
For a complete schedule, click here http://www.skamaniacounty.org/TRANSPORTATION/WKND_TRNS.pdf or call 509-427-3990.
You can use the WET Bus to access many amazing Gorge experiences. Friends of Columbia Gorge has created hike itineraries keyed to the WET Bus schedule.
REGULAR SCHEDULE: Benefits
- Open to the general public - no restrictions on age or trip purpose.
- Unaccompanied passengers under the age of 12 must call for pre-authorization to ride.
- Travels between Carson and Fisher's Landing Transit Center in Clark County - intersection of SE 164th Avenue and SE Cascade Park Drive, north of SR 14.
- Allows linkage with C-TRAN to access the Portland/Vancouver area.
Three Ways to Use the Service
- Take the bus to and from a bus stop - NO NEED TO CALL AHEAD
- For service to or from a location other than a scheduled bus stop and within 3/4 of a mile of the scheduled stops within Skamania County, CALL SENIOR SERVICES, (509) 427-3990, at least one day before your trip to have the bus pick you up or drop you off at the curb of a specific location. The bus will pick you up as it runs on its schedule between its designated stops.
- The bus will deviate up to 3/4 mile off Wind River Hwy and SR 14 to accommodate persons with disabilities. Requests must be made one day in advance. Those needing disabled service at Fisher's Landing must call C-Tran (360) 695-8918.
NO SERVICE ON NEW YEARS DAY, MEMORIAL DAY, JULY 4th, LABOR DAY, THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS.
PO Box 369
Stevenson, WA 98648
Phone: (509) 427-3990
FAX: (509) 427-3992
Visit http://www.skamaniacounty.org/public_transit.htm for the full route and schedule.