The mission and purpose of the Skamania County Chamber of Commerce is to foster development of a healthy economic community through the support and promotion of businesses, Chamber members and Skamania County, Washington as an exceptional place to visit, live, work and play.
|2013 SKAMANIA COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
|City of Stevenson||Monica Masco|
|City of North Bonneville||Jennifer Stratton-Pies|
|Skamania County||Chris Brong|
|Port of Skamania County||John McSherry|
|Stevenson-Carson School District||Teena McDonald|
|Wind River Business Association||Tony Coates|
|North Bonneville Business & Community
|Stevenson Business Association||Scott Anderson|
|Greyson Rudd Graphic Design||Greyson Rudd|
|Tennison Accounting||Debby Tennison|
|Money Concepts||Gary Rathgeber|
|Mount Pleasant Iris Farm||Dale Grams|
|Entertainer/Training Consultant||Bill Shelton|
|Individual Member||Paul Pearce|
|A & J Select||John Mobley|
|Executive Director||Casey Roeder|
|Administrative Manager||Angie Waiss|
|Visitor Services (seasonal)||Theresa Lusty|
|Visitor Services (seasonal)||Mary Burchette|
General Directors are elected to the Board by the general membership to serve a three year term. Each Director may serve two consecutive terms with a required one-year break following the second term. Ex-Officio Directors are appointed by their agency or organization and have voting rights.
Executive Committee members are elected at the beginning of each calendar year and serve one year.
Chamber Board meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month at 11:30 a.m. in the Courthouse Annex meeting room.
Goals and Strategic Plan:
The Chamber Board of Directors holds an annual retreat and sets the goals for the next year. In 2013, the following items were identified as priorities:
- Branding of Skamania County with a promotional slogan to be used on the website and in print campaign.
- Visitor services including the seasonal satellite visitor center at Bridge of the Gods.
- Countywide event calendar distribution program.
- Columbia River Gorge Visitors Association leadership - gorgewide regional marketing program.
- Trade show participation throughout the Pacific Northwest.
- Update of visitor information kiosks at Bridge of the Gods, Stevenson waterfront and Salmon Falls Park & Ride.
- Fire & Ice Scenic Loop project.
- Event coordination.