The mission and purpose of the Skamania County Chamber of Commerce is to foster development of a healthy economic community through the support and promotion of businesses, Chamber members and Skamania County, Washington as an exceptional place to visit, live, work and play.
|2016 SKAMANIA COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
|City of Stevenson||Nick Hogan|
|City of North Bonneville||Craig Forster|
|Skamania County||Doug McKenzie|
|Port of Skamania County||Randy Payne|
|Stevenson-Carson School District||Karen Douglass|
|Wind River Business Association|
|North Bonneville Business & Community|
|Stevenson Business Association||Scott Anderson|
|Skamania Lodge||Ken Daugherty|
|Bonneville Hot Springs Resort/||E.J. Tippel|
|Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa|
|McCaskell Construction||Kristy Arnett|
|Tennison Accounting||Debby Tennison|
|Current Communications||Johanna Roe|
|Mount Pleasant School District||Vicki Prendergast|
|Entertainer/Training Consultant||Bill Shelton|
|Invision Inc.||David Bennett|
|A & J Select Market||John Mobley|
|ProActive Pest Control||Chris Malone|
|Executive Director||Casey Roeder|
|Administrative Manager||Angie Waiss|
|Visitor Services (seasonal)||Theresa Lusty|
|Visitor Services (seasonal)||Mary Burchette|
General Directors are elected to the Board by the general membership to serve a three-year term. Ex-Officio Directors are appointed by their agency or organization and have voting rights.
Executive Committee members are elected at the beginning of each calendar year and serve one year.
Chamber Board meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month at 11:30 a.m. in the Courthouse Annex meeting room.
Goals and Strategic Plan:
The Chamber Board of Directors holds an annual retreat and sets the goals for the next year. In 2015, the following items were identified as priorities:
- Promotion of Skamania County using Sasquatch as our brand.
- Visitor services including the seasonal satellite visitor center at Bridge of the Gods.
- Countywide event calendar distribution program.
- Columbia River Gorge Visitors Association leadership - gorgewide regional marketing program.
- Trade show participation throughout the Pacific Northwest.
- Update of visitor information kiosks at Bridge of the Gods, Stevenson waterfront and Salmon Falls Park & Ride.
- Operating a retail center offering souvenirs, guide books, t-shirts, maps, etc.
- Event coordination.