The mission and purpose of the Skamania County Chamber of Commerce is to foster development of a healthy economic community through the support and promotion of businesses, Chamber members and Skamania County, Washington as an exceptional place to visit, live, work and play.
|2017 SKAMANIA COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
|City of Stevenson||Nick Hogan|
|City of North Bonneville|
|Skamania County||Tom Lannen|
|Port of Skamania County||Todd Kingston|
|Stevenson-Carson School District||Karen Douglass|
|Wind River Business Association|
|Stevenson Business Association||Scott Anderson|
|Skamania Lodge||Ken Daugherty|
|Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort|
|McCaskell Construction||Kristy Arnett|
|Tennison Accounting||Debby Tennison|
|Current Communications||Johanna Roe|
|Mount Pleasant School District||Vicki Prendergast|
|Entertainer/Training Consultant||Bill Shelton|
|Invision Inc.||David Bennett|
|A & J Select Market||John Mobley|
|ProActive Pest Control||Chris Malone|
|Executive Director||Casey Roeder|
|Administrative Manager||Angie Waiss|
|Visitor Services (seasonal)||Theresa Lusty|
|Visitor Services (seasonal)||Mary Burchette|
|Visitor Services (seasonal)||Denise Melton|
General Directors are elected to the Board by the general membership to serve a three-year term. Ex-Officio Directors are appointed by their agency or organization and have voting rights.
Executive Committee members are elected at the beginning of each calendar year and serve one year.
Chamber Board meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month at 11:30 a.m. in the Courthouse Annex meeting room.
Goals and Strategic Plan:
The Chamber Board of Directors holds an annual retreat and sets the goals for the next year. In 2017, the following items were identified as priorities:
- Promotion of Skamania County using Sasquatch as our brand.
- Visitor services including the seasonal satellite visitor center at Bridge of the Gods.
- Columbia Gorge Tourism Alliance leadership.
- Trade show participation throughout the Pacific Northwest.
- Operating a retail center offering souvenirs, guide books, t-shirts, maps, etc.
- Event coordination.
- Creation of a current, visitor-friendly website.
- Serving as the destination marketing organization for all of Skamania County.