The Skamania County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors meets on the first Thursday of each month in the Courthouse Annex Meeting Room at 11:30 a.m. Board members are asked to attend Chamber functions such as Business After Hours, the Annual Dinner and other events as they arise.
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
I. PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Collectively, the Board of Directors assumes legal and theoretical responsibility for all Chamber activities. The Board of Directors shall advise and consent on all Chamber policy, approve the annual budget, approve membership policy and fees plus all other duties listed within the current Skamania County Chamber By-Laws.
II. EACH BOARD MEMBER SHOULD HAVE:
· A particular interest in and basic understanding of the Chamber’s mission.
· A commitment of two-four hours per month to prepare for and attend Board meetings, committee meetings and to participate in other appropriate Chamber-sponsored activities.
· The commitment to make decisions based on the best interest of the Chamber.
· A copy of current Chamber By-Laws.
III. INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
A board member should:
· Understand the mission of the Chamber and promote the goals and activities of the chamber to his or her own constituent groups, other members and the community as a whole.
· Become familiar with all materials, information issues and documents relating to the Chamber and its operation, especially those relating to financial matters and member benefits.
· Be aware of Board positions maintained by Chamber staff on behalf of the Chamber.
· Adhere to monthly Board meeting attendance policy as stated in Section 4 of the Chamber By-laws.
· Attend the annual planning retreat for the Board of Directors.
· Attend the Chamber’s annual meeting and awards banquet.
· Attend activities, programs and workshops sponsored by the Chamber for its members and the general public as frequently as is reasonably possible.
· Be willing to assume a leadership role with the Chamber as an officer, committee chairperson or other positions when requested.
· Offer opinions and insights honestly and with an open mind, without reservation and in a constructive way, with a desire to accomplish the best for the Chamber.
· Support Board decisions even when he or she may differ personally with the majority decision.
· Support membership recruitment and retention.